Mekong Cultural Hub platform for artists and cultural workers in Asia
Mekong Cultural Hub (MCH) Open Space programme accepts expressions of interest from artists and cultural workers from Asia who want to present their work, connect with relevant audiences, expand their network, or reach out to like-minded practitioners in the art and social field across Asia.
This platform is for anyone whose idea is relevant for the MCH’s network, and which is within MCH’s capacity to support, such as:
• Virtual meeting space
• Interpretation capability
• Inviting people from their networks to participate in the programme
The platform serves to “broker” connections between cultural practitioners working at the intersection of art and society in the Mekong Region and around Asia to:
• Share/exchange knowledge, projects or initiatives
• Seek collaboration
• Share projects in progress
Taking part in MCH Open Space can provide opportunities to grow regional networks and create potential for peer-to-peer learning.
What MCH provides
• Virtual Space: Zoom link (webinar/meeting)
• Contribution of up to $300 USD to support interpretation
• Promoting the event on MCH’s social media platform
• Invitation to relevant MCH network members
• Archive the event and share the discussion content to wider networks and the
audience of MCH via blog for post-event
• Other logistics support (please discuss with person in charge from MCH team)
• The event needs to be initiated by cultural practitioners from the Mekong Region
and around Asia, with the purpose of connecting with people in the Mekong Region
and across Asia.
• After MCH accepts the request, they need at least 30 working days to coordinate all
the processes before the event takes place. Therefore, they encourage collaborators to
try to contact MCH as early as possible.
• Collaborators need to provide information and relevant marketing materials to the
MCH team on time.