Heritage Interpretation Video Contest & Webinar
The Preparatory Office of WHIPIC, International Centre for the Interpretation and Presentation of World Heritage Sites under the auspices of UNESCO, is launching a video contest for the fourth webinar of the World Heritage, Multiple Memories Webinar Series. This contest aims to show how heritage interpretation can contribute to achieving peace and reconciliation at world heritage and other heritage sites.
Interpreting heritage that is contested, conflicted, and difficult is becoming increasingly important. This contest will highlight best practices in interpreting difficult heritage through public engagement and participation. The submission should be in video format. The top three entrants will be qualified to participate in a webinar on 26 May 2021 (Tentative).
Your video will need to demonstrate how reconciliation and peace have become part of protecting and managing sites of difficult/contested history. You can choose a World Heritage site or another heritage site. Your work will be used as a promotional material for heritage interpretation via online exhibitions or other events.
- Video with a length of five minutes (1280×720 HD or larger)
- Written Outline/Script for the video (under 1,000 words)
- Production Note that outlines how the work addresses the key themes and how it reflects the interpretation of the heritage (under 1,000 words)
- Completed application form
Contest and Webinar Schedule
- Submission of entries: Monday 26 April – Friday 30 April 2021 at 18:00 KST
- Judging: Monday 3 May – Wednesday 5 May 2021
- Announcement of winners: Friday 7 May 2021 (tentative)
- Presentation Webinar: Wednesday 26 May 2021 (tentative)
How to Apply
Apply online at the contest website: www.heritageinterpretation-whipic.org
- You will be able to submit your video in the week 26 April-30 April 2021. Submissions close at 18:00 Korean Standard Time on 30 April 2021.
- To register, upload your video on YouTube and submit its URL to the website, where you will be required to write some specifics (written script and production note) of your submission.
|Type||Winners per category||Prizes|
|Grand Prize||1||USD 2,000|
|Excellence Prize||2||USD 1,000|
|Distinction Prize||3||USD 500|