Call for Papers: The ICH NGO Forum’s Fifth Symposium
The fifth ICH NGO Forum Symposium will be held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, on 27 November 2016. At the symposium, participants will share information, exchange ideas on good safeguarding practices and international initiatives, network with NGOs and States Party, and welcome and integrate newly accredited NGO delegates. The theme of the 2016 symposium is ‘Challenges for NGOs in the Promotion of ICH Values.’
Symposium presenters may submit papers on the following topics.
- Application of ethical principles at national level for ensuring that ICH communities and groups are at the very center of all safeguarding efforts
- The contribution (or the lack of contribution) of inventories in ICH safeguarding
- The challenge of collecting data to understand the contribution of culture and ICH in the context of the seventeen SDG objectives
- rofessionalization of traditional cultural skills and its effects
- Traditional knowledge and techniques as cultural assets for fostering employment, cultural industries, and the knowledge economy
- Cultural tourism as an approach for inclusive economic development
- Protection of rights on country of origin, tourism, intellectual property, and geographical identity of cultural products and services
- The role of the image in safeguarding using photography, video, and the Internet, stereotypes vs promotion
The deadline for submitting abstracts is 15 October. Abstracts should not exceed 300 words. For more information on submission guidelines and further details about the symposium, please refer to the ICH NGO website.